Mensante Corporation is committed to protecting your privacy when using the FeelingBetterNow® (FBN) website. We adhere to the Canadian government’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"), which sets out how personal information is to be protected using the ten privacy principles of the Canadian Standards Association Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (www.scc.ca) that have been adopted by all provincial and territorial privacy legislation. The federal Act can be viewed here: (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/P-8.6/index.html).
FBN does not collect any personally identifying information such as your name, gender, age, or home/business address. While FBN is completely anonymous, you have the option to use your email address for password recovery purposes, to receive follow-up reminders, or become eligible for prizes.
To further protect your privacy, as with any password, we recommend you use a strong password such as at least 8 characters including, a capital letter and a number. We recommend not using anything that identifies you such as your name, birthday, address and the like.
We adhere to the following ten privacy principles mentioned above:
- Accountability: Mensante is accountable for protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information under its custody and control. Mensante has appointed an individual who is responsible for ensuring its compliance with the following Privacy Principles.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which you enter your personal information is to enable the FBN tool to provide you with feedback based upon the answers you provide to the Diagnostic Risk Assessment questions asked. Upon request, we will provide Aggregate Data Reports to the organizations that purchased the FBN service (see Principle 5).
- Limiting Collection: The only personal information that is collected by Mensante is that which you provide when you enter your responses to the FBN Assessment. We also collect your User Name and password for purposes of allowing you to log back into the website. We only collect your email address should you choose to provide it as part of the password recovery process or to enable us to send you reminders to revisit the FBN website, or be eligible for a prize.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Upon request, Mensante will provide Aggregate Data Reports to our customer organizations on its employees’, insureds’, members’ or students’ use of the FBN website. “Aggregate Data” means information such as the total number of individuals from the organization who used the FBN website and completed the Diagnostic Risk Assessments. None of the personal information entered into the Diagnostic Risk Assessments is ever disclosed to anyone. We never sell any personal information under our custody or control. We retain your personal information only as long as we need to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: The accuracy of the personal information you enter into the FBN Diagnostic Risk Assessment tools is maintained unchanged until such time as you choose to change it by returning to the FBN website and re-using the tools.
- Safeguards: We ensure the confidentiality of your personal information by storing your information in a secure data centre on secure servers with access limited to a limited number of authorized persons for the purposes of maintenance of the database. See “Website Use” below for additional security information.
- Individual Access: You may return to and use the FBN website as often as you choose.
- Challenging Compliance: You may contact Mensante’s privacy officer at any time should you wish to register a compliant or concern about Mensante’s privacy practices. This person can be contacted at 416-928-9195.
As you use FBN, we may also collect non-identifiable information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to the browsers of visitors’ computers and that may then be stored on the hard drives of their computers. The goal is to improve efficiency and effectiveness and to measure Website activity. Certain login information may be maintained in a cookie stored locally on your personal computing device (i.e. not on a server) in order to streamline the login process. There are no cookies tracking your browsing history outside of the FeelingBetterNow website itself, or your location, activity, social networking and the like. Other information collected may include standard information regarding your web-connected device, web browser type, browser language, Operating System, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on our web site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
When Exiting the Website
The measures Mensante Corporation takes to ensure the security of personal information include:
- Physical security of our premises and the Data Center.
- CSAE 3416-compliant third part assurance standards.
- Restriction of staff access to files on a "need to know" basis.
- Undertakings by all staff to comply with our policy.
- Deployment of technological safeguards like security software, encryption and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access.
- Internal password and security policies.
- Regular audits of our procedures and measures to ensure that they are properly administered and that they remain effective and appropriate.