Mental health is just as important as your physical health. You cannot have health without mental health.
1 in 5 Canadians are affected by a mental health condition. 1 in 3 people experience a mental health issue at some point in life. Mental health not only has an impact on the mind and its ability to function, but it also has a physically impact on the brain. Without treatment, your brain can experience physical shrinkage and damage over time.
Mental health is important to ensure your well-being and that you are functioning at your very best. It impacts every aspect of your life – your productivity at work, your relationships with family, colleagues and friends. It can change your outlook on life and affect your daily functions such as sleep, concentration, motivation, and ability to handle problems.
We're sorry, we could not find the page you are looking for. Go back to the home page
or get in touch with us
FeelingBetterNow®(FBN) is a mental health hub and comprehensive guidance system personalized for you. FBN offers you Gold Standard Assessments which immediately link to your Personalized evidence-based Action Plan and Tool Box for self help and/or collaborative care with a mental health professional. FBN is built on a prevention framework to assist in early identification, triage you to the right care at the right time be it self-care and/or collaborative care. It connects you to your organization’s resources so that your complete mental health support network is available in one place.
FeelingBetterNow®(FBN) is provided as a benefit to you by your organization, including your employer, insurer, union, university, college, or hospital. Check your organization’s intranet to see if FBN is available for you.
If you are eligible, your family members also have access to FBN.
FeelingBetterNow® includes all evidence-based e-mental health care practices and augment traditional in-person care. We research all e-mental health tools currently available and we can assure you there is no comparable tool in the market.
- You access FBN anonymously. It is a safe haven for you to early identify your symptoms, triggers, and your level of risk for a mental health concern.
- FBN Offers a comprehensive approach to your mental health care: it is a comprehensive online tool covering 95% of the most common mental health conditions affecting Canadians.
- Easy access. You can use it anytime and anywhere on your computer, tablet or smart phone.
- The Assessment provides you with an unbiased analysis of your mental health. Most assessments pre-judge that you may have a specific mental health problem and assess for only that problem.
- Assessments are based on gold standards of diagnosis and treatment. It identifies your risk level (low, medium, high) for mental health disorders. FBN does not diagnose or treat. Only your mental healthcare provider can do that.
- Assessments alone are not enough. Immediately after completing your Assessment you receive your Personalized Action Plan. You are not left hanging as to what you should do next. Your plan is tailored specifically to meet your needs. It includes a Tool Box for self-help and/or collaborative care with the right mental health professional.
- Your Toolbox promotes your engagement and allows you to take a leading role in your mental health. It contains tools for self-help including expert-curated resources for online cognitive behavioral therapy, stress reduction, apps, how to support others, how to navigate the system, what triggers and symptoms you should look for and general education about mental health.
- The Assessment helps your mental health professionals provide you with gold standard diagnosis and treatment and best practice outcomes.
- It addresses co-morbidity with physical and mental health issues.
Visit our Features section to learn more!
- FBN is customized to connect you to your organization’s Resources.
On average, an assessment can take from 5 to 20 minutes to complete, depending on the number of concerns identified in the assessment. The assessment has a progress bar and users can pause and return to complete the assessment at another time.
Request a Demo today!
FeelingBetterNow® was developed by leading mental health experts, including family physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, academics, and social workers. These experts review the site and update regularly.
Visit Our Mental Health Care Professional Advisory Board to learn more about our Team!
CEO Dr. Sam Ozersky, A.B., MD, FRCP(C), received the Community Based Innovation Award in 2008 for developing FeelingBetterNow®.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada has reviewed and approved FeelingBetterNow®
as a practice management tool available to assist family physicians in patient care.
In 2016, the Mental Health Commission of Canada provided a letter of Excellence, for “FeelingBetterNow ® stating it “is a made-in-Canada innovation in e-Mental Health focused on addressing gaps in the sphere of workplace mental health. Congratulations on this excellent initiative.”
Visit Our Story to learn more!
It is mobile-friendly and can be accessed from your smart phone, tablet or computer device anywhere, anytime. You can return as often as you want to use your Toolbox, Resources, and/or re-assess, and compare your assessment responses and risk level.
It complies with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) Act to ensure accessibility for all users.
It is available in both French and English.
You access FBN anonymously by creating your own username and password. Neither Mensante nor your organization connect your Assessment information to you.
FeelingBetterNow® is compliant with the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
We adhere to the latest standards and utilize the latest technology for encrypting account information. The servers are maintained in a 24-hour secured location.
Any reporting to your organization is anonymized and aggregated.
FeelingBetterNow®(FBN) has been available to users since 2006. Over the next 9 years, we gathered user feedback, conducted research, and learned from our experience. In 2015, we utilized state of the art technology, made the site more user friendly, and enhanced the content and scope of FBN.
Today, FBN is available to over 1 million Canadians. Our customers include universities and colleges, insurers, unions, hospitals, and corporations. We have an over 90% contract renewal rate.
Our team is always here for you. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]